Job Title : HVAC Engineer
Client : TABK, Abu Dhabi
Education Qualification : Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of experience as a HVAC engineer in Oil & Gas/ offshore industry.
- Work Experience in Construction and Commissioning on offshore HVAC projects is required.
- Familiar with Total Opercom & Icaps methodology is a plus.
- Care passionately about Abu Dhabi – Euro Mechanical is aligned to the Vision of Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi has a core commitment to build a sustainable and diversified, high value-added economy) and we wish to encourage this commitment throughout the company.
- Understand, identify with and promote Euro Mechanical brand beliefs – Proficient, Reliable, Collaborative and Integrity.
- Commitment to Euro Mechanical Codes of Ethics and Business Conduct and promoting the same to all employees.
Detailed Engineering Phase:
- Review and comments contractor deliverables in due time and propose the solution to their technical queries.
- Interface between disciplines: Inform engineering leader and liaise with other discipline involved mainly process, structure, safety- to insure best trade-off between various constraints.
- Technical Reporting to project and engineering coordinator with regards to main technical issue, area of concern, progress.
- Guarantee the quality of HVAC studies and associated deliverables. Monitor and coordinate the EPC contractor and guide the design of the installations by close participation in the design activities, review and comment on the corresponding detailed design deliverables.
- Participate in technical meetings, challenge the contractor, monitor and promote cost saving solutions in the design.
- Promote alternatives for HVAC design to optimize works and schedule.
- Ensure that HVAC part of all engineering activities is performed in order to execute project as per Company know- how, with required level of quality, safely and with respect to environment within the agreed time, schedule and cost.
- To attend FAT for HVAC equipment.
- Ensure that installation constraints are taken into account in the design.
Decommissioning and Construction Phase:
- Required engineering, SOR and service order placement for temporary HVAC arrangement.
- Preparation of decommissioning & Construction workpack, method statements / procedures, participation in JRA, Construction KOM meeting with site.
- Involve himself in safety aspects of the construction and report any anomalies noticed on site. Propose remedial action.
- Assist Project Engineer with review of possible change orders, planning constraints etc.
- Provide regular feed back to TEC/MTH and get support when necessary.
Pre Commissioning/Commissioning Preparation Phase:
- Preparation of pre commissioning and commissioning dossiers as per TOTAL Opercom & ICAPS methodology.
- Review and comment Contractor Commissioning preparation work.
- Review Contractors Commissioning Spares/ Special Tools/temporary equipment lists.
- Ensure Contractor has identified all/any temporary equipment requirements.
- Ensure that all interface activities are managed and controlled correctly by Contractor.
Pre Commissioning/ Commissioning Execution Phase:
- Ensure high quality Pre-commissioning and Commissioning execution; ensure that the preparation and execution of the Mechanical Test are in accordance with Procedure and specification.
- Responsible for witnessing and monitoring the pre-commissioning activities performed by the construction team, ensuring that Company requirements and the OPERCOM methodology are fulfilled.
- Review and check all commissioning activities performed by the Contractor.
- Participate in relevant Risk Assessment protocols, tool box meeting.
- Generates punch as necessary .Contribute to punch list clearance.
- To supervise execution and does reporting of Mechanical activities execution to ensure that all information are properly recorded, collected and available for inspection/reference as required by Company policies.
- Report immediately any unexpected events which may affect the Safety, the commissioning of the plant or the start up.
Reporting and contribution to process management
- Support the development of work flows and documenting of standard operating processes and Key performance indicators, this will include generating reports, progress reports, budget reports and developing of reporting structures.
- Maintain and contribute to a company philosophy of continuous improvement. Essentially this will involve ownership & responsibility for your processes and continually seeking to review and improve these functions.
- Fluency in English, strong management and communications skills.