Job Title : Project Accountant
Support Service : Shared Services – Finance Department
Job Location : Construction, Fabrication and Maintenance
General Description:Project Accountant tracks all of the financial components of a project such as budgets, estimates, costs, bookings and billing. He will also be able to assess, review and present the cost, schedule, resources, and financial components of a project in one place.
Experience and Qualification
- 3 to 5 years of experience in similar role in construction project management is required.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting is required, any other professional qualifications such as CA, CIMA, CPA and ACCA likely to offer a competitive edge.
- Hands on experience in the Finance & Project Management modules of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is required.
- Ability to review and analyse customer billing, collection credit control and risk assessment
- Ability to review and analyse tenders and customer quotations
- Maintenance of all relevant income and expenditure for each project.
- Review and report project progress and account for month end revenue and cost accrual as per IFRS-15 standard
- Report on project profitability to senior management by analyzing project expenses and providing relevant analysis and assessment
- Overseeing project records and contracts to ensure terms are adhered to.
- Developing financial systems along with IT support to make processes more user friendly.
- Business partnering with non-finance managers to develop processes and the understanding of financial requirements.
- Liaising with banks and arranging bank guarantees for advance payment, bid bonds and performance bonds
- Prepare annual budget and monitor/report transaction against budget
- Main records of project/site level assets and asset movements
- Project accountants must be highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Planning and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships