Job Title : Project Engineer
A Project Engineer takes the lead on projects and provide day-to-day oversight and coordination and support to engineering and technical functions to achieve project sustainability and success according to the set targets, strategies and goals.
- Care passionately about Abu Dhabi – Euro Mechanical is aligned to the Vision of Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi has a core commitment to build a sustainable and diversified, high value-added economy) and we wish to encourage this commitment throughout the company.
- Understand, identify with and promote Euro Mechanical brand beliefs – Proficient, Reliable, Collaborative and Integrity.
- Commitment to Euro Mechanical Codes of Ethics and Business Conduct and promoting the same to all employees.
- Lead with an empathic leadership style, basing strategic decisions on a long-term perspective.
- Oversee engineering and technical aspects of the assigned projects
- Prepare, schedule, monitor and coordinate the assigned projects
- Attends Weekly and Monthly Progress Meetings (Internal as well as with Client) and assist in preparation of Minutes of Meetings.
- Monitors work in progress and prepares weekly and monthly reports of the status of each project in liaison with the Planning Engineer and Site Engineer / In-charge
- Interact with clients on a regular basis and finding out and interpreting their needs, wants and requirements in general
- Manage the project resource plan and budget
- Manage project issues, risks and actions
- Ensures all project documents and deliverables are submitted to the client for review and approval.
- Review engineering deliverables; initiate appropriate corrective actions throughout the project duration
- Facilitate drawing preparations and reviews, including activities such Material Take-offs and initiations of RFQs.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Facilitate preparations of Project Documents e.g. Method Statements, procedures, etc..
- Read, study and familiarize clients’ technical requirements, specifications, including international standards, codes and practices
- Carryout site surveys whenever required for assigned projects and prepare survey report
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Coordinates materials and assists in the logistics, its shipment and receipt at construction site.
- Coordinates with all project related personnel (onshore and offshore) on day-today progress of work activities, procurement and operations to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Maintain quality control in every area (budget, scheduling, planning, personnel performance, team dynamics)
- Communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide needed assistance and technical support
- Provide full support as required by the Management and PMT for all projects
- Provide support to Proposals and Estimation by carrying out site surveys and providing inputs
- An energetic, forward-thinking individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Attention to details
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas – Onshore and Offshore with construction and project coordination experience in construction
- Must have experience working onshore and offshore for at least 2-3 years and strong knowledge in construction and Installation operations
- Should have a high level of written and oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to go site visit as required.
Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, Manages Conflict, Courage, Composure, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Develops Talent, Directs Work, Drives Engagement, Financial Acumen, Plans and Aligns, Situational Adaptability, Strategic Mindset, Instils Trust, Self-Development