Job Title : Regional Sales Engineer
Job Location : Based in Abu Dhabi with regional travel
Purpose of the job:
Business development activities within designated geographical areas and/or specific customers/projects including the account management growth of nominated existing customers and responsibility for the creation and conversion of new sales opportunities.
- Educated to a national qualification level
- Engineering/HSE background desirable
- Care passionately about Abu Dhabi – Euro Mechanical is aligned to the Vision of Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi has a core commitment to build a sustainable and diversified, high value-added economy) and we wish to encourage this commitment throughout the company.
- Understand, identify with and promote Euro Mechanical brand beliefs – Proficient, Reliable, Collaborative and Integrity.
- Commitment to Euro Mechanical Codes of Ethics and Business Conduct and promoting the same to all employees.
- Research and identification of sales leads from various industry sources including data services, web searches, reports, publications, etc
- Customer contact, meetings, presentations and follow up in pursuit of new and additional business
- Assist with customer quotations and tenders
- Identify, target and secure contracts from customers, either directly or in support of the company’s regional operations
- Provide sales support to regional partners by undertaking customer presentations, site visits and the preparation of sales proposals
- Develop relationships with the local partners various business units and sales teams in order to create opportunities
- Maintain an overview of active leads in liaison with the General Manager sharing any advice as appropriate and raising concerns, as necessary
- Recommendation of individual account management plans for the growth and retention of assigned customers
- Research and recommend market development strategies for contribution towards business plans
- Forecast revenue together with anticipated equipment and service levels required to support business from allocated territories/projects
- Develop pricing strategies for individual territories/projects with due consideration to local competition
Reporting and contribution to process management
- Support the development of work flows and documenting of standard operating processes and Key performance indicators, this will include generating reports, progress reports, budget reports and developing of reporting structures.
- Maintain and contribute to a company philosophy of continuous improvement. Essentially this will involve ownership & responsibility for your processes and continually seeking to review and improve these functions.
- 5+ years previous sales/business development experience in Abu Dhabi’s Oil & Gas sector
- Existing relationships with ADNOC offshore and their EPCI service providers
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Good technical aptitude and strong presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate and consultatively sell technical services
- Ability to develop alternative approaches to overcome challenges/issues
- Proposal and report writing skills
- Capable of working in compliance with set processes and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with oilfield operations and processes
- Adaptable and open to new systems and processes
- Ability to identify and effect positive change where appropriate
- Highly committed, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to form high quality relationships with customers, contractors, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to operate at all levels of a business, both internally and externally