Job Title : Supervisor Control Room Services (Power)
Job Location : ADNOC LNG
Work / Leave Cycle : 14 days work / 14 days leave
Division : Manpower Services
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in electrical Engineering or equivalent. Alternatively, any engineering degree with power generation, distribution experience maybe considered.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Three (3) years of operational experience in Power plant as Panel supervisor for Engineering Graduates and 8 years of operational experience in power plant as panel supervisor
for Non-graduates, with DCS Control System experience.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good Analytical ability.
- Good Coordination Skills.
- Care passionately about Abu Dhabi – Euro Mechanical is aligned to the Vision of Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi has a core commitment to build a sustainable
and diversified, high value-added economy) and we wish to encourage this commitment throughout the company.
- Understand, identify with and promote Euro Mechanical brand beliefs – Proficient, Reliable, Collaborative and Integrity.
- Commitment to Euro Mechanical Codes of Ethics and Business Conduct and promoting the same to all employees
Direct and co-ordinate the activities of Power generation and distribution area operators, and Supervisor, Shift (Field) in the operation of the relevant plant facilities to ensure targets are achieved. Identifies maintenance requirements and where immediate action is required organize the necessary personnel to carry out preparation work. Control the operation of Power generation and distribution facilities from the main control room via the Control System to adjust operating conditions to maintain stable operation/production. Monitor a complex control panel for designated area comprising of Intricate Individual Control Loops, Sequences and Logics along with associated Plant Alarms as Indicated on DCS screens and other displays.
- Control and coordinate the operation of the Power generation and distribution units from Central Control Building according to the instructions received and the operating constraints, following Standard Operating Procedures
- Lead the shift team in the field with wide knowledge & understanding of the units and ensure necessary immediate corrective action is taken to prevent forced shutdown/production loss
- Liaise with the Supervisor, Shift (Field) to coordinate activities and control of the integrated units
- Maintain continuous radio contact with field personnel on their assigned plant area to keep them informed of operating conditions; instruct them in manual adjustments of equipment and conveys instructions given by the Team Leader (utilities).
- Ensure all equipment are in safe condition during a Train/Plant trip. Subsequently progress restreaming as directed. This involves closely monitoring complex Instrumentation for long periods of time and an ability to control many systems simultaneously and by utilizing attentive skills, recognize their effect on the whole facility operation.
- Participate in the testing of Automatic Shutdown/Protection Systems. This include bypassing trip circuits as individual systems are tested, minimizing time of trip negation to ensure that the plant & personnel safety is not jeopardized.
- Maintain a control panel shift log. Maintain accurate record of alarms & trip switches, when bypassed for maintenance or other activities.
- Monitor and ensure that all HSECES items remains maintained and that the routine testing of the same are completed per schedule.
- Liaise with other Operations Shift Panel Controllers with respect to the inter-related systems to ensure that there will be no production impact caused
- Ensure that Operating Procedures and Standing Instructions are adhered strictly during start-up, shutdown and normal operation.
- Maintain a high standard of HSE awareness, particularly the environmental concerns and adheres fully to safely rules, and participates in safety training / exercises
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of knowledge and responsibility regarding Technical and Operational Integrity processes of AIRMS.
- Ensure that all works carried out in accordance with company standards, codes of practices and safety requirements.
- Aware about ADNOC HSE policies and act accordingly
- Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, Quality standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
- Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
- Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during and after executing the job, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
- Good understanding of Quality Standard codes compliance and capable of resolving safety issues.